***This post is not for everyone***

So, yup........I'm back!!!!!!  Its been so long since I've used this blog that i actually forgot all about it.  I reread some of my old posts and what awesome memories it brought back. I will say I have changed since those posts (as most of us do over years), but the essence of me is still there.   I'm going to do my best to write everyday, but I can not tell a lie!  I am so very bad at writing everyday.  But, there is 100% honesty in these words, I will try!

I said this post is not for everyone because one of my 3 things is a feminine thing and its a thing that a lot of people wont understand.  So, I started my menses today and it was excruciating.  I spent most of the day in bed. To make it worse, I re-injured my knee yesterday. So the pain was all around. I had a moment where I realized, all this complaining is doing nothing to help the situation.  I decided to try an awareness/consciousness thing I've been learning about. I just stopped, actually focused on the pain in my abdomen, instead of complaining about it I went to it, with love and compassion.  Took a few deep breathes and just let it be, instead of resisting it.  I felt all the abdominal and upper thigh muscles that I was clenching in pain, soften.  2 wonderful things happened; 1st the pain did actually lessen. And 2nd, I realized and accepted that this is just part of being a woman. Accepted is the key word here.  I focused on my uterus and just thought about and felt nothing but gentle love and directed it there. All of a sudden, I loved being a woman. I felt proud to be experiencing this moment. It meant I am alive and functioning as God wants me to. I cant really put it into words, but it was definitely a pivotal moment for me. And, I am very proud, and happy, to say I haven't had one single pain since!  I would love to hear if any of you, or anyone you know, have ever tried this or are planning to and what your experience was like.

My 2nd beautiful thing is the beautiful moth I saw this morning while waiting for the school bus with my son. It was small and colored like a butterfly, black, orange, and white. At first I thought it was dead, caught in a spider web.  But it wasnt. I was relieved. My son loved it too. It was nice seeing it because the last month we have seen so many caterpillars everywhere on our yard. I'm assuming he came from one of those we saw.  Every time I see one, especially struggling or in a dangerous spot, I try to help it get where it needs to go. They all seem to cacoon in the same general area. 

My 3rd beautiful thing was the time I spent with my son watching a movie he loves, "Mr. Peabody & Sherman".  Once again, I can not tell a lie, I do enjoy this movie too! I just love spending time with my kids.  Having 3, I feel its important to make individual time with each of them.  So that was our thing we did just the 2 of us today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment